Hello parents! I am so grateful for the opportunity to have your child in my class. Here are a few things you need to know about my class.
- I can't do this without you - Even if I were the best teacher in the world - which I'm not...yet - I wouldn't be able to to get your child to the level they need to be without your help at home. Please take an interest in your child's homework. Please ask them daily what they did in class. You may be surprised what your child actually learns.
- We have fun in my class - Sure, my main goal is to teach, but why make it boring? For example, in U.S. HIstory, I try to put the students in the history, not simply make them read it out of a book. (Although we do some of that, as well.)
- We use music in my class - I worked for 20 years as a radio DJ and it's still in my blood. I use music throughout the day.
- I love teaching 5th Grade - This is my third year teaching 5th (after a year of 6th) and I hope to never change.
- You can contact me any time - Granted, there are times when I am teaching that I will not answer, but please feel free to use my phone number, email addresses, Facebook page, blog and any other source you can find to contact me. I am here to help you and your child.