Day One: Who Put the Bomp?
Day Two: Through The Years
Day Three: Under Pressure Baby
Day Four: Just Another Story
The five main elements of a short story are:
- Setting - The time and place in which it happens.
- Plot - A series of events and character actions that relate to the central conflict.
- Character - A person, or animal, who takes part in the action of a short story or other literary work.
- Conflict - The struggle between two people or things. The main character is usually on one side of the central conflict.
- Theme - The central idea or belief in a short story.
Today we are going to talk about songs that tell a story.
Here are 30 of the most famous short story songs:
7 Years - Lucas Graham
Big Bad John - Jimmy Dean
Billy, Don't Be a Hero - Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods
Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Camouflage - Stan Ridgway
Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin
Come Dancing - The Kinks
Copacabana - Barry Manilow
Coward of the County - Kenny Rogers
The Dance - Garth Brooks
Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
El Paso - Marty Robbins
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Fun, Fun, Fun - Beach Boys
Hazard - Richard Marx
Hotel California - The Eagles
In the Ghetto - Elvis Presley
Jukebox Hero - Foreigner
Last Kiss - J. Frank Wilson & the Cavaliers
Leader of the Pack - The Shangri-las
Love Story - Taylor Swift
One - Metallica
One Piece at a Time - Johnny Cash
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Rain on the Scarecrow - John Cougar Mellencamp
Stan - Eminen
Thriller - Michael Jackson
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Young Turks - Rod Stewart