Hello parents! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have your child in my class. Here are a few things you need to know:
- I can't do this without you - Even if I were the best teacher in the world - which I'm not...yet - I wouldn't be able to to get your child to the level they need to be without your help at home. Please take an interest in your child's homework. Please ask them daily what they did in class. You may be surprised what your child actually learns.
- We have fun in my class - Sure, my main goal is to teach, but why make it boring? For example, in History, I try to put the students in the history, not simply make them read it out of a book. (Although we do some of that, as well.)
- We use music in my class - I worked for 20 years as a radio DJ and it's still in my blood. I use music throughout the day.
- I love teaching - This is my seventh year teaching. I've taught 5th grade most of that time. This is my second year teaching 6th.
- You can contact me any time - There are times when I'm teaching or at home and will not respond immediately, but please use my phone number, email addresses, Remind or Facebook page to contact me. I am here to help you and your child.