Top Ten Ways To Be
- Believe In Yourself - I will be your biggest cheerleader here at school, but until you believe in the person that you can be, there is nothing I can say or do that will change you.
- Be Present - There is no sense in worrying about the past. It's done! It cannot be changed. The future doesn't matter right now either. So be present today. Live in this moment. Your today will determine your tomorrow.
- Be a Goal Setter - You can't become a world-famous athlete by just telling people that you want to be one. You have to set goals for yourself.
- Be Responsible For Your Actions - If you do something wrong, fix it. If you make a mess, clean it. If you hurt somebody's feelings, apologize.
- Be a Habit Maker & Breaker - As Aristotle said, "Good habits formed at youth make all the difference." On the flip-side of that, any bad habit you have now could continue throughout your life, unless you break it now.
- Be Eager To Learn Every Day - You should never feel like you've learned everything you need to know. Find something new to learn every single day of your life. Stretch your mind.
- Be Willing To Take Risks - We never would've landed on the moon if some people were not willing to take risks.
- Be Focused - I know school is difficult sometimes, but if you stay focused for the few years that you are in school, you will reap the rewards later in life.
- Be Committed - No championship team has ever gone out and played hard for half the game and then gave up. They are committed to play to the end to win it all.
- Be Willing To Work Harder Than Others - Remember what Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson said: "Consistent hard work leads to success."
Let me add one Don't Be...
Don't Be Afraid To Fail - Babe Ruth said, "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." He also said, "Every strike brings me closer to the next home run." J.K. Rowling sent the first Harry Potter manuscript to 12 different publishers before anyone accepted it. Don't think of failure as the final chance. Think of it as motivation to do better next time.